MilitaryReligiousFreedom.org

Fighting for our servicemembers' rights, so they can fight for ours.

 

Please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation today.

 

              


Friday, March 31, 2017


Click Here to View Printable Flyer PDF

PRESS RELEASE

Friday, March 31, 2017

Renowned Civil Rights Activist
Mikey Weinstein to Participate
in Debate on Religious Freedom

Debate at Colorado Christian University to Center
 on Religious Freedom and Public Accommodation

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.— On Tuesday April 11, 2017, Michael L. "Mikey" Weinstein, Founder and President of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), will engage in a live debate with longtime Christian apologist Alex McFarland and other distinguished participants. A fervent debate will take place on the topics of religious freedom and public accommodation at the Colorado Christian University Event Center in Lakewood, Colorado.

Since 2005 MRFF has been the sole organization fighting on behalf of both faith and non-faith active duty military members and veterans for the Constitutionally guaranteed right of separation of church and state in our United States military. MRFF currently represents over 50,000 active duty U.S. marines, sailors, soldiers, airmen, cadets, midshipmen, national guard, reservists and veterans, about 96% of whom self-identify as practicing Christians. Of the remaining 4%, MRFF represents Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, Native American Spiritualist, Humanist, Pagan, Atheist, slightly over 18% of all Muslim Americans in the U.S. military, other minority faith and non-faith military members, and slightly under 1,000 LGBT military members.

On April 11th Mikey will engage Dr. Alex McFarland, a well known Christian apologist, Theresa Lynn Sidebotham Esq., a civil rights lawyer, and Scott Moss, a professor at the University of Colorado Law School, in a live debate on religious liberty in the public square at the Colorado Christian University Event Center. The event is being sponsored by the Colorado Fireline Coalition and will be moderated by Dan Caplis, a popular morning radio host for KNUS 710 News/Talk in Denver.

Mikey Weinstein is a 1977 Honor Graduate of the United States Air Force Academy. He spent over three years working in, and for, the West Wing of the Reagan Administration as legal counsel in the White House. Mikey also served as the first General Counsel to Texas billionaire and two-time Presidential candidate H. Ross Perot and Perot Systems Corporation. He left Mr. Perot's employ in 2006 to focus his full-time attention on the nonprofit, charitable, civil rights advocacy organization he founded to directly battle the far-right militant radical evangelical religious fundamentalists: the Military Religious Freedom Foundation.

On November 13, 2014, for the sixth consecutive year, the Military Religious Freedom Foundation was officially nominated again for the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize (its seventh total nomination).

 

WHO:       Mikey Weinstein, Dr. Alex McFarland,
                    Theresa Lynn Sidebotham, and Scott Moss

WHAT:    Debate on religious liberty in the public square

WHERE:  Colorado Christian University Event Center,
                    8787 W. Alameda Ave., Lakewood, CO

 WHEN:     7-9 p.m. Tuesday, April 11, 2017


The event is free, but registration is required by emailing [email protected].

Video recordings and live broadcasting will be permitted, and a special section will be reserved for press and related media.

For more information on MRFF please contact Bekki Miller:
(337) 356-8696 - [email protected]

###


Connect with MRFF:
Mikey Weinstein Facebook Page Mikey Weinstein Twitter Mikey Weinstein Youtube Channel

SUPPORT MRFF!

Your Generous Support Allows us to Continue
our Fight in the Courts and in the Media

The media outlets referenced in the links above (if applicable) don't have any affiliation with the
Military Religious Freedom Foundation, nor have expressed endorsement thereof.

While we make every effort to ensure that news articles pertaining to our Foundation remain available for you to access,
we are unable to guarantee that the link above will remain online and unchanged indefinitely.